Sorry for late response...

> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your
> feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to
> clarify an existing protocol?

I believe yes.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and
> requirements?

Yes. IoT-related items can work very efficiently over the protocol.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?

Partially yes. A student's open-sourced code (though, not fully-working
yet) is on https://github.com/akari-h/nex

I've not noticed at the point of writings. I'd read the comments
carefully...

I welcome any comments.

Yusuke