Från: Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im>
Skickat: den 6 januari 2017 17:00:29
Till: XMPP Standards
Kopia: yusuke....@toshiba.co.jp; Peter Waher
Ämne: Re: [Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0322 (Efficient XML Interchange (EXI)
Format)

Old thread alert!

On 10/8/14 10:33 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0322
> (Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format).
>
> Abstract: This specification describes how EXI compression can be used in
> XMPP networks.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2014-10-21.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your
> feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to
> clarify an existing protocol?
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and
> requirements?
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
>
> Your feedback is appreciated!

I noticed substantive spec and security feedback in October 2014 from
several list participants. However, as far as I can see, that feedback
has not been addressed by the authors.

As part of my review of all the IoT specs, I would like to provide
feedback on XEP-0322, but it seems like wasted effort if the spec hasn't
been updated since the previous last call.

Yusuke & Peter, do you plan to update XEP-0322 or do you need a
co-author to help finish this off?

Peter