Hello Christian,

Sorry for the late reply:

On  5 Mar 2015, christian...@rechenwerk.net wrote:

> So I think using the node name as a device identifier (or more
> precicely: an identifier for entities that want to receive the same
> push notifications and are thus registered for the same node) is
> sufficient for the xmpp server. When a client sends an enable stanza
> the server updates an existing record for the client's full jid with
> the stanza's new 'node' value. That's actually already described in
> the XEP.

If we agree on semantic that is a node reprensent a device-application,
I am fine indeed. Having the ability to have a human name for the node,
would be handy.

> One of your requirements is still not met: you have to know the
> resource to enable / disable push.

[...]

> As I said earlier, I think the push module must check if arriving
> stanzas are addressed to a push-enabled device that's currently
> offline but *would be* the most available resource if it was still
> online.  That's also bypassing the server's routing but in a more
> gentle way.
>
> One solution to the stolen phone problem would be an emergency-off
> switch (disable all resources of the user on all nodes):
>
> <iq type='set' id='x97'>
> <disable-all xmlns='urn:xmpp:push:0' jid='push-5.client.example' />
> </iq>

What about having the ability to list all your nodes (= devices) + the
ability to delete a node as owner ?
That would allow you to manage them as a users.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/