Folks,

Matthew Miller and Joe Hildebrand's Carbons XEP has been unchanged for 18
months, and represents a useful and well-deployed protocol, implemented in
most (if not all) of the mainstream servers.

Mobile and Desktop clients alike appear to implement this widely.

I appreciate that the last Summit raised suggestions that it needed to do
more, but it is not clear to me that the "more" cannot be phrased as a new
XEP, and moreover that breaking compatibility given the deployment status
is warranted.

It is also not clear to me what, exactly, the "more" consists of. I have
heard:

 - Reflection of messages to the source.
 - Addition of MAM identifiers.
 - Other types beyond 'chat'.

Therefore I would like to suggest that this specification be advanced to
match its de-facto state of Draft.

Dave.