> On 25 jun. 2015, at 10:27, Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com> wrote:
>
> Thinking a bit about the MUC2 stuff. MUC1 had Anon/semianon/nonanon. We’ve
> pretty much killed off fully anonymous rooms in MUC1.
>
> Can people share their thoughts on usecases for semi-anon, please? It’s not
> entirely clear to me what these are (users who want anonymity seem to already
> be using throw-away JIDs to achieve that, instead of relying on MUC
> configuration).

1. Privacy.
2. To not turn public MUCs into treasure troves for spam bots. All of these
JIDs have an active client signed in, so they are great targets.
3. Best practices currently dictate that resources should be random, as they
are privacy-sensitive. That’s almost opposite of revealing it to everyone in a
room.

Thijs