On 30 June 2015 at 18:40, Peter Waher <peter.wa...@clayster.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your input. For small devices, that do not wish to (or cannot)
> perform a dynamic handshake, there's the concept of quick configurations
> (§2.6). With a quick configuration ID, the entire setup is predefined. It
> can be defined, either in-band using a normal handshake, as described
> earlier, perhaps by a more powerful device, or out-of-band, by manual
> configuration of the server.

There is no §2.6 - did you mean §2.2.6?

Also this negotiation of quick configuration happens in XML prior to the
EXI "switch" doesn't it? Rick's problem is that he wants to have no XML
processing.

On that basis, I'm thinking a distinct port is the most sensible, which
would mean a different SRV name. It may be possible to combine these ports
into a single autodetecting port, but I'd rather leave that experiment
outside a spec for now.

Dave.