Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:06:18 +0200
Goffi <go...@goffi.org> wrote:

> why wouldn't file transfer work offline or with MUC ? We just need a
> way to request a file with an uri.

We definitely need to transfer files with MUCs (think of lolcats in
chats). Regarding offline: sometimes I want to send a lolcat to my
offline friend and go sleep. That's a pretty common usage. This is a
situation when we cannot negotiate.

> jid auth validation is a clear big advantage over random url.

It depends.

> jingle is adopted in several clients as far as I know:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_(protocol)

Most implementations are buggy as hell and almost unusable. And I'm not
saying about poor user interface, but that's a whole different story.