> On 30/07/2015 02:29, Sam Whited wrote:
> HTTP give  no advantage over Socks5, and doesn't do NAT traversal as
> Jingle can do, and it's an other whole different server to maintain.

When uploading a file to a server you don't need NAT traversal.

> Anyway, if the HTTP XEP is published I'll implement it anyway, I just hope
> it will not have bad side effects on jingle adoption

I get the feeling that this is what a lot of people are afraid of. I said
this before and I can't stress this enough. HTTP File Upload is not meant
to replace Jingle FT (and _especially_not_  Jingle since Jingle is so much
more than Jingle FT).
I spend a lof of time in the last couple of days reading Jingle related
XEPs. It is in fact a great stack. And we will definitely need it Jingle in
the near future in regards to Voip. (And once you got a proper jingle stack
for voice. doing jingle ft is not a big step)

One thing that would benefit Jingle FT much more than 'preventing' this XEP
from getting accepted is to finally deprecate SI file transfer. (See the
parallel thread started by Sam)

cheers
Daniel