Le mercredi 30 septembre 2015, 10:47:44 Holger Weiß a écrit :

> Interoperability between clients is broken today due to the use of two
> incompatible extensions.

Then the interop issue should be fixed.

I think a global invisible command like in XEP-0186 is a really bad idea:
invisibility is useful with granularity. Of course you can send directed
presences, but if I have 200 people in a roster group, I don't want to send
200 directed presences, and keep it up to date if I add/remove people to/from
that group.

I want to be able to:

- be (in)visible to one or several groups
- block people from one or several groups
- block people not in my roster

I think that's the basic requirement, and I would be happy with simpler XEP
allowing these use cases (it would have been nice to update XEP-0186 but the
last call for draft has expired, so I guess it's too late).
As long as it is not possible to do that, privacy lists should not be
deprecated.

There are probably other use cases I don't think about right now, maybe other
developers/users can point them out.

Goffi