Dave Cridland wrote:

Since then I've found some fo these might be being addressed by work Adam
Roach and Matthew Miller are doing, so I thought I'd jot down a very
ill-thought-through design - it may very well be that Adam/M&M's design is
far superior, or it may be that we can borrow from each other to produce
something else. I'm not expecting this to be anything more than a
discussion starter.

To be clear: in my earlier comment, I meant to convey that we were working in the general space of XMPP security, not with authentication in particular. We don't have a proposal that fills the same niche you're looking at. :)

Some of our discussions have dealt with pseudonyms and anonymous identifiers, which may interact with what you're thinking of doing (I actually haven't had time to look at it yet); and it was on that front that I thought we should maybe touch base.

I'll be sure to ping you when we start moving the ball forward again.

/a