On 5/4/16 8:00 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
Folks,

I had a nice chat with Ralph Meijer, and we idly discussed replacing the
SASL profile in order to gain access to 2FA, fold in the Stream
Resumption (Florian Schmaus's design, in effect), and make it a little
more extensible, particularly with more detailed error messaging.

Since then I've found some fo these might be being addressed by work
Adam Roach and Matthew Miller are doing,

Got a pointer to that work?

Doing this work (eventually) at the IETF might make the most sense, but what makes even more sense is making sure that implementers are on board with whatever approach we come up with.

Peter