On 2016-05-13 18:10, Kevin Smith wrote:
> On 13 May 2016, at 17:05, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
>> There's a problem inherent in this that we'd need to actually verify the
>> clients have actually implemented the features they claim, and that in turn
>> means some volunteer effort in testing them though. I believe that any
>> effort we put into this would be repaid hugely, though.
>
> Or, instead of volunteers, projects pay to be certified. (Yes, I realise
> that’s not likely to be a popular suggestion).

Considering how long we have talked about how great it would be to have
a proper test suite, shuffling some money around to get that done in
order to have something to base certification on might be justifiable.

Maybe certification for certified Open Source Community Projects®™ could
be subsidized by the XSF, if there's room in the budget.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur