On 06.07.2016 21:44, Florian Schmaus wrote:
> On 06.07.2016 20:42, Ivan Vučica wrote:
>> If I am interpreting XEP-0313 correctly, for person-to-person use case,
>> archive is obtained by inquiring the 'current server'. This is usually fine.
>>
>> However, in case of an external transport component communicating with
>> an IM network that can provide its own history, there does not seem to
>> be a viable standardized way to inquire the external component about the
>> additional history.
>
> Does that component need to act as MAM archive? I would expect messages
> exchanged between a user and a transport component to be stored in the
> users MAM archive. Just like messages between the user and a remote
> server are stored in the MAM archive.

Sorry, missed that you where talking about something like IRC
transports, i.e. transports which (could) provide their own history. Was
thinking you where talking about ICQ/MSN and the like.

Yep, that's an unresolved issue. My first reflex would also be option 4.
But let's see if someone comes up with a more elegant solution.

- Florian