On 19 October 2016 at 13:56, Brian Cully <bcu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 18-Oct-2016, at 17:58, Chris Ballinger <ch...@chatsecure.org> wrote:
>>
>> Are there other scenarios that I'm missing? Would people be willing to
>> implement this into their apps? Is formalized spec for this something that
>> XSF would consider?
>
>         In the finance world being able to time limit messages is handy, not
> for security, but because the availability of a transaction is limited. We’d
> almost certainly implement this, and probably will end up doing so even
> without a standard.

I think that "the information in this message will no longer be
correct after X" is a very different semantic from "this message
should be deleted after X". I would imagine that you would not, for
example, remove all trace of the message subsequent to the transaction
ceasing to be available.

As Steffan says, AMP has an expiry already, though I find AMP complex
and unweildy and wouldn't object to a smaller and more focussed
replacement.