On 2016-10-19 08:51, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
> In that regard we might as well standardize it even
> though it will probably be only implemented in closed systems were you
> can be relatively certain that messages will in fact be deleted.

The question becomes why should we standardize something that only works
in a closed system?  I know we have a XEP or two for things that people
will be doing anyways, eg XEP-0335: JSON Containers, so it's not
unprecedented.

I'm not convinced either way, but it doesn't hurt to have a place to
write "This doesn't really work you know" as security considerations.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur