Le vendredi 2 décembre 2016, 13:00:06 CET Tobias Markmann a écrit :
> Hi all,
> [...]
> One approach would be requiring IDs on the tags you want to reference. This
> way the reference tag could simple refer to that ID, which naturally would
> be UUIDs.
>
> Another would be XPath or XPointer to have the reference tag refer to the
> element from the root of the top-level-stanza.

Hi,

just a remark : reference need to be usable with other stanza than <message>
and xhtml-im content (I'm thinking about blogging with XEP-0277, but there may
be other case now or in the future).

In blogging case, we may need to reference something in the title or in the
content.

id can be used if it's xhtml content but not if it's text content. So I think
a simplified/basic xpath like expression is more flexible and future proof
than an id.

So please take into consideration use cases outside of <message> stanzas.

Thanks
Goffi