On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Georg Lukas <ge...@op-co.de> wrote:
> * Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu> [2017-02-05 20:54]:
>> CSI uses Nonzas, which are not covered by Stream Management, so you
>> can't restore the CSI state after resumption.
>
> Ah right, another unfortunate design decision.

Not at all; the nonzas are semantically correct here because it
doesn't make sense to have the CSI enable/disable "commands" be
routable. If CSI were an IQ like the Google version and you
accidentally sent one to another client, what does that even mean?
Probably nothing. And while most likely nothing bad will happen,
that's just "most likely". The more things we can make sure the server
handles without having to special case it (eg. the current bind IQ)
the better. Of course, as this thread demonstrates there are problems
with this to solve, however, we should do just that: solve them, not
take an easy way out that introduces its own slightly different
issues.

—Sam