On 22.03.2017 20:37, Sam Whited wrote:
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Yann Leboulanger <aste...@lagaule.org> wrote:
One nice feature we also don't have with blocking command is blocking a
while group.

Ah yes! I knew there was something else that I was forgetting to
address from last time.

I also think this is not a good thing; it is an abuse of roster
groups, and leads to an inconsistent experience across clients. It
also makes the UX incredibly frustrating. For example:

I block a group "work", but then I decide I want to talk to one of my
coworkers so I go to their chat, but it says they're blocked. I hit
unblock: what happens?

It's probably UX problem but not list per se.

List allows you creating overriding allow entry which will unblock single person while keeping the group blocked (order matters).

So - I'm against that. Priv.Lists is a very flexible and precise tool.

Does it unblock the entire group (oops,
everyone knows I'm online now and can start asking me work related
questions after hours), does it unblock just them? If it unblocks just
them, how does that work? Do I have to maintain a white list of "the
entire group is blocked, but this person is specifically unblocked"?

This becomes very complex very quickly, and is one of the reasons that
privacy lists are too complex; I also suspect it's very niche. This is
not a use case I think we should support.

—Sam