btw the Gajim default blocking option should work in 0.16.7 perfectly
together with blocking command, just for info.

On Topic i think nobody uses Privacy Lists .. like with different lists and
setting active this and that and creating cool special rules. At least not
in Gajim.

Its also very inefficient, i always have to copy whole lists around because
it supports no real edits of lists, like adding single items and removing
them. We always have to send the whole List.

Active Lists not just layering over the default lists is also something i
would have expected.

It feels like too much stuff is packed into one XEP.
For example i find it very good that Invisibility Command will be a own XEP.

if i want to go invisible now, i have to add a rule to a list, then send my
whole list to the server, or copy the whole list and set another one
active. This gets more ugly the more your blocking list grows.

So we have Invisibility in a own easy to implement XEP.
We have Blocking Command.

And if in the future there is one or two use cases that we really want to
cover regarding blocking, we can just add it to Blocking Command and we
will still be miles away from a Privacy Lists complexity.

regards
Philipp