On 19.04.2017 15:25, Tobias Markmann wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net
> <mailto:d...@cridland.net>> wrote:
>
>     So, Carbons is the only consumer of <no-copy/> - at least for now. But
>     <no-store/> is used by, at least, XEP-0313 and XEP-0136, as well as
>     (in principle) MUC web logs, offline storage, and so on.
>
>     Moreover, hints work well for collecting a set of suggested handling
>     behaviours under one namespace, such that servers can identify an
>     unknown hint and potentially log its existence.
>

> How is the standardisation of Message Processing Hints to go on? There
> will likely be more hints in future. So will this XEP never get Final?

I'm not sure if there will be (much) more hints in the future. Even if
there will be more hints after XEP-0334 got final, I do not see any harm
in adding them to the XEP, mostly because they are just hints and are
usually used together with a "hint-consuming" XEP.

> I kind of like small XEPs that deal with one thing and do it well.

Me too, that's why I like the hints XEP and don't like the idea that
other XEPs should be required to re-invent it.

- Florian