> On 12. Apr 2017, at 13:43, Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> wrote:
>
> 4) Vote on advancing XEP-0334: Message Processing Hints
> Everyone to vote on list.
> Sam considers voting -1 because it includes functionality that should
> probably exist as part of other XEPs.
> Daniel agrees that every XEP should define its own hints.
> Requires more mailing list discussion.

+1, ideally XEP-0334 would refer to the known XEPs that currently make use of
the hint, as should the other XEPs the other way around. This isn’t an ideal
solution but would be fine with me as it helps visibility on what hints exist
and in what way they are used.

Having an own XEP for each hint feels a bit over the top. Moving each hint to
the XEP that uses it would lead to duplication of hints or one XEP using a hint
defined in an otherwise unrelated XEP.

Ultimately I do not care that much, only that we get to a solution and do not
discuss this for much longer.

Cheers,
Tobi