On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Tobias M <tmarkm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Having an own XEP for each hint feels a bit over the top.

I agree, let's not do this.

> Moving each hint to the XEP that uses it would lead to duplication of hints
> or one XEP using
> a hint defined in an otherwise unrelated XEP.

Is there a real case where this is a problem? I agree that duplication
might not be nice, but if it's eg. duplication between MAM and Message
Archiving, then I think it's fine because we already have a huge
amount of duplication that I'm hopeful we can one day fix by
deprecating one of them. If it's duplication between two different
things that should coexist, then maybe that's an actual problem that
needs solving, but I don't think it's actually a problem right now.

—Sam