Hi,

> I consider any XEP Author unresponsive who fails to respond to
> discussion on this list - the primary discussion venue of the XSF -
> concerning the XEPs they are looking after for the XSF and the
> community it serves. This is a fundamental requirement for being a XEP
> author, and if any current authors are unwilling to subscribe to this
> list and read it frequently, particularly threads concerning their own
> XEPs, they should not be doing the job.

Unresponsiveness can be very annoying. I can personally recount
several occasions where I requested minor changes or cleanups on
experimental XEPs and even provided a PR but couldn't get the 'authors
approval'. Unfortunately we don't have any hard set rules on how to
deal with those situations.
Even the process of providing a PR and getting 'author approval' is
more of a convention than an actual rule.

Correct me if I'm wrong but currently the only way to deal with 'an
unresponsive' author is to defer the XEP with the 6 months of
inactivity rule and create a new XEP. Which of course might not always
be the best approach.
If we as the XSF want to re-assign authors we should discuss and write
down explicit rules for that process in XEP-0001.
Side note: We also have *a lot* of XEPs which are inactive for way
more than 6 month where there is no activity whatsoever. No questions,
no discussions, no implementations. Are we just going to defer them?
Or is the 6 month of inactivity timer only invoked after the first
feedback?

cheers
Daniel