On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> I see it as a requirement for the role in Council. Otherwise how can
> one judge whether there are outstanding problems?

I think it's not terribly difficult to keep an eye on the community
and what's going on without having read all the arguments and the
details of every issue. If and when the council needs to weigh in on
something, then one can catch up and research the specifics. This is
how I generally operate when discussions of XEPs that I don't really
care about (or just don't have the background knowledge to judge the
arguments) are happening.

—Sam