Hi,

> I'm not advocating to keep this XEP, but I think it should be deprecated
> or obsoleted for the right reasons (even if it is a non-normative, simple
> XEP as this one).
>
> On 29 May 2017 at 16:49, Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> wrote:
>>
>> Obsolete even due to the security implications the Security
>> Considerations fail to mention.

What I meant to say is that it should be deprecated for the reasons OP
mentions but instead of deprecate we mark it as obsolete (Don't
implement this) to not burden us with updating the Security
Considerations of a deprecated XEP.
Missing Security Considerations by themselves are of course not a
reason to deprecate or obsolete a XEP.

I could live with updating the Security Considerations and 'only'
marking it deprecated. That would however raise the question on why
the authors haven't reacted to this in 9 months.

cheers
Daniel