Hi,

since this is now implemented in Conversations first rounds of
feedback are rolling in.

I think we can eliminate some false positives by requiring that a
closing keyword is not preceded by a white space character. I don't
think this will introduce any unwanted side effects however it makes
the XEP a tiny bit more complicated in that we have to define if a
'false close', meaning an unexpected close (whitespace+keyword) should
invalidate the block or should be ignored.

Let me give an example to make this clear. The question is whether

Both slack and whatsapp interpret this as "<b>foo *bar</b>" which I
can get on board with.

Interestingly WhatsApp interprets "*foo *" as "*foo *" and Slack
interprets this as "<b>foo </b>". However I think that WhatsApp has
the easier parser here because it will simply ignore all closing
keywords that are preceded by a whitespace. Meaning "*foo *bar*" and
"*foo *" can be handled by the same rule. While slack does something
strange here imho.

cheers
Daniel