On 15 Jan 2018 07:02, "Jonas Wielicki" <jo...@wielicki.name> wrote:

On Sonntag, 14. Januar 2018 13:53:53 CET Tedd Sterr wrote:
> As someone intending to develop a new modern client, I think a sensible
(and
> useful) suggestion would be to add something along the lines of "Legacy
> Considerations." This could be inserted either as an additional row in
each
> of the 2.x tables as necessary, or as a new section 2.5. That way 0084 can
> be recommended for new deployments, while acknowledging that 0153 is still
> widely used and advisable if you want any kind of compatibility (but that
> the latter isn't a recommendation in its own right.)
>
> More broadly, this would open a space to mention other XEPs that aren't
> suggested but are still needed in reality for compatibility (e.g. 0049?)

I think this is a great way forward. Let’s recommend 153 & 49 for now
(because
this is just like reality *is* ATM and it will be needed for compat), and do
what Tedd proposed for '19.

So you're saying "do nothing for now", and "do this for next year"? In
which case I'm happy, especially with the first part.

I'm personally not even going to think about Compliance 2019 until 2018 is
out, and XEP-0387's last call is very much closed - it'd take something
catastrophic for me to reconsider that.

Dave.