They're coming from the user's bare JID via XEP-0356 Privileged Entity. Sorry,
I forgot to mention that.

from=exam...@xmpp.org to=exam...@xmpp.org/resource><sent><forwarded><message
to=exam...@skype.com>

The server unwraps the privilege wrapper per XEP-0356 and routes the message as
if it were a sender.