* Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name> [2018-01-25 15:57]:
> > However, then we need to define how the client can determine whether
> > this Data Form is a PREAUTH compatible form, and whether the user is
> > still required to add more content.
>
> This can easily be done. Just specify the field @var. If the form has a field
> with that specified @var, hide it from the UI and insert the preauth token
> automatically on submit.

This is not overly complex logic, but it requires a full data forms
display in the client, and then manipulation of the form before display,
plus addition of a hidden field when sending the response. And then we
also have to solve the i18n issue with the field names.

The alternative would be to perform a full mapping of the returned form
fields to 'username', 'password', 'token' [, 'email'], and to display the
client-intergrated original account creation dialog if these were the
only fields that were sent in the form.

But we need to extend the IBR flow anyway, so I don't really see a
compelling reason to use data forms here as opposed to an additional XML
element in the 'jabber:iq:register' block.

Marc was also kind enough to provide a PR for the element-vs-form change
at https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/585

Kind regards,

Georg