1. What software has XEP-0066 implemented?

Gajim, only 3. communicating a uri via message

2. Have developers experienced any problems with the protocol as

defined in XEP-0066?

Not with 3., but cant comment on the other XEP Parts

3. Is the text of XEP-0066 clear and unambiguous? Are more examples

needed?

3. Is clear, cant comment on the rest

We implemented primarily as a hack so we can mark messages that contain
only a httpupload link, we add the uri also in the oob tag, and other
Clients can treat this message differently, for example displaying the
image, instead of displaying any random weblink that someone sends with a
message.

regards