On 4 June 2018 at 15:43, Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name> wrote:

> I think this is a good point, and I’ve run into this quite a few times
> when
> implementing MUC. Branching on the message type where 'groupchat' is
> somehow
> special, but then again only if it does *not* come from the bare JID, and
> if
> it *does* come from the bare JID, you may be confused (but that happens,
> in
> fact). And non-groupchat messages from the bare JID have a different
> semantics
> than non-groupchat messages from the occupant JID (I’m only talking about
> MUC
> here). This is weird, and I think if MIX does away with that, that would
> not
> be too bad.

I'm not sure that type=groupchat messages from the '45 chatroom bare jid
are different from type=groupchat messages from the '45 occupant bare jid
except in who they're from, are they? I mean, they're different because
they're from the chatroom itself, of course, but beyond that?

Well, errors, I suppose, come from the bare jid, but they're not groupchat
of course.