Hey, thanks for the quick feedback

Le vendredi 27 juillet 2018, 16:10:38 CEST Philipp Hörist a écrit :
> On the Pubsub Questions:
>
> 1. In Pubsub there is already defined the Singleton Node:
> https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#impl-singleton, no need to
> invent a new item id for that

Oh great, I've missed this one. But it doesn't seems used by other clients
unfortunately, would be nice to add an implementation note on that in
XEP-0384

> 2. I think its not specified because your client should not care how many
> items are in a PubSub Node. Your Client either uses PEP and PEP should
> only notify you about the last/most recent item on the node, i think
> thats the reason PEP exists.

XEP-0163 §4.3.4 says "When processing a new subscription, the service MAY
send not only the last published item but instead all items that are
currently associated with the node (i.e., up to the maximum number of items
at the node, which might be one if the node is a "singleton node" as
described in XEP-0060)", so it can send all items

> 3. if you dont want to use PEP you can always request the most recent
> item from a node with specifying max_items=1 in the request.

It's not that I don't want to use PEP (I'm using it), it's that I don't
want to have the same items recorded again and again for nothing.
I've mentioned max_items=1 in my previous message, but this feature is
optional, and if singleton is needed (which is the case), it should be
indicated in the XEP-0384 in my opinion.

> So my question would be, how do you get into a situation where a server
> sends you all items of the Node?

It's not in my notifications, I'm checking manually the content of my PEP
nodes to check the workflow.

> regards
> Philipp

Thanks