On Freitag, 27. Juli 2018 16:41:57 CEST Philipp Hörist wrote:
> I think this is a good addition to the XEP, although i fear this would be a
> namespace bump, but from practical experience every PEP impl sends only the
> last item, so this is until now a  academic problem

This wouldn’t be a namespace bump in my reading of the rules, since setting or
not setting the item ID does not pose an interoperability issue:

* A new item which is pushed will always be the newest item irrespectively on
whether it replaced an existing item or not.

* Since the ID wasn’t fixed before, no implementation will be asking for this
specific ID. We have to write down that implementations SHOULD NOT rely on
this ID for queries, but instead limit their queries to the newest item.

* No implementation should be relying on getting a history of OMEMO public
keys, since many PEP implementations do or did not support this.

kind regards,
Jonas