On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:05 PM, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
we do not require it until Final - not even Draft has an absolute requirement.

I thought transitioning to Draft requires Call For Implementors,
but whatever. Again this raises a question about how sane all
those XEP statuses nowadays. I know this is copied from IETF
workflow, but they have the same problems: a large number of RFCs
without implementations or with abandoned partial implementations.

But since the XSF standards development is severely understaffed
I think raising these questions makes even less sense (actually
this is true for almost any XSF workflow nowadays because of this).