On 17/01/2019 10.19, Ненахов Андрей wrote:
I'd suggest not accepting XEPs without any kind of existing technical
implementation in the future. If one suggests a standard extension, he
should provide a working software that supports it.

This is explicitly not how our standards process has been set up. The idea here is that having a published document as a starting point makes it more likely that people are not entrenched in particular early design choices, and discussion on those happen within the greater community.

Please have a good read of the rationale of the current process as defined in XEP-0001.

Implementations for gaining more experience are encouraged, but not required. The only transition that requires (2) implementations is from Draft to Final.

> Also, XEP-0333 Chat Markers should not belong to deferred. It is
> widely used in XMPP clients.

I agree that this specification should probably be Proposed to move to Draft.

The project I've been working on has gained us some insight and I think that there are some things that could be explained better. E.g. the interaction with message archiving.

--
ralphm