Am Mo., 1. Apr. 2019 um 09:26 Uhr schrieb Evgeny <xramt...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 11:13 AM, Paul Schaub <vanitasvi...@fsfe.org>
> wrote:
> > There was a ton of
> > interesting discussions around OMEMO and other stuff, as well as some
> > productive coding (and Mate!).
>
> Not to bash the ProtoXEP itself, but why the community constantly
> discussing OMEMO (and sometimes PGP), when there is ongoing work on MLS
> which will most likely be the standard e2e encryption? You also didn't
> mention MLS in your ProtoXEP at all.

Aside from all the justified criticism of OMEMO it is currently the
best option for the casual user who uses a public server. 27 is still
a mess to set up; OTR is complete garbage and MLS is simply not
available right now. Also we have successfully pushed OMEMO into a
fairly high number of clients; it would be unfair to users and
developers alike to just drop it. That doesn’t mean we can’t
simultaneously explore other options.

cheers
Daniel