Thank you very much for your eager interest and numerous replies
*cough*, in other words, Thank you Florian for your reply :D

I'm not quite sure, how exactly the process of negotiating expected
encrypted elements would look like. Do you think this may be done via or
similar to Entity Capabilities (XEP-0115)? I can see that this would
make it easier for adopters to gradually start implementing support for
one feature at a time (like start with support for <body/> encryption
and then successively add support for other elements as well), but at
the same time I feel like this could enable "downgrade" attacks and
would diminish the "encrypt *all* the sensitive things"-approach that I
aim for.

For now I'm trying to give useful sensible suggestions on what elements
are allowed inside the envelopes content element. If later we learn that
there are elements that are definitely not allowed at all, we might want
to come up with some sort of incomplete list of forbidden elements.

An alternative approach that some people suggested would be to replace
the envelopes content element with a normal message stanza. That way
implementations could simply decrypt that stanza, check it for forbidden
elements and remove those and then feed the cleaned stanza back into the
XML stream. That way the client wouldn't have to reimplement listeners
for all the events. On the other hand, the client would probably want to
somehow mark the decrypted stanza as end-to-end encrypted.

What do you think of this approach? Is it better, worse than the current
proposal? (reminder: http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-sce/xep-sce.html )

I hope that there will be some more feedback from participants of this
list. I don't want to get the feedback only when the document lands in
the inbox folder ;).
If you think the idea behind the spec is a good idea - nice! If you
think it is a bad idea - even better! But please let me know why and
what you'd change.

Happy Hacking!
Paul