On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 5:52 PM, Melvin Keskin <me...@olomono.de> wrote:
Every way has its advantages and its disadvantages.

Everything is relative, I see.

That was the reason for creating ATT. I
wanted the users to benefit from automating the whole process of key
authentication now and not some day in the future. If we only
concentrate on the future, we will forget the problems current XMPP
users are facing nowadays.

And I kinda want to adopt EAX in the next century? I'm not going into ranting about "I need it ASAP" mentality in standards development, but with such approach, can you please address a potential problem of compatibility when some clients support EAX and some manual-only verification with ATT?

> My main focus are new XMPP users. It was> hard for me to get them to XMPP and we will lose them again if we do
> not provide solutions for current problems.

I don't see an urgent problem here, but okay.