If you are speaking of a cosy feeling of being secure, then yes, ATT does
not diminish its level. If you're talking about real security, it
absolutely does, cause one compromised device compromises all your and your
chat partner's devices. Some examples:

When you go through the US customs you may be asked to hand over your
phone, unlocked. While in possession of your phone, customs officer might
extract the password from your device and trust transfer on the device of
his own. Thanks to this brilliant ATT thing all your chat partners will
never know.

If you are cheating your spouse, she can pick up your device while you are
sleeping... well, I hope you get the picture.

Also, I didn't really read into this ATT, and I'm not really a security
expert, but I think that proposed trust revocation is rather naive:

> Device 1 manually revokes the trust in the key of device 2. Device 1
> automatically sends a revocation message for device 2's key to devices
> whose keys it has already authenticated. Each device receiving a revocation
> message from device 1 automatically revokes the trust in device 2's key, if
> device 1's key has already been authenticated by it.

There, 'each device receiving a revocation message' - what if it doesn't
receive this message? Like, because the device was offline? Do they
continue to trust each other if they missed part of message history,
despite trust being revoked by the issuer? With real certificates, there
are CRL, OCSP, and I think that  X.509 has a pretty complex certificate
validation mechanism that is totally absent here.

And since the 'bad guys' in OMEMO threat model are mostly server operators,
a compromised server can very much influence message delivery between your
connected clients, blocking your from revoking the trust. Oh, and they
connect to your account without even knowing your password. I hope you get
the picture.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, Redsolution, Inc.