On 12/18/19 5:00 PM, Ralph Meijer wrote:
I'd not be opposed to changing the definition of 'end' here. Twitter Entities [1] also points to the character after.

I don't think it really is a "change", in XEP-394 it is already defined this way ("the last affected codepoint is the one just before end" [1]) and the example in XEP-372 [2] also counts that way (char 72 is the "J" of and char 78 is the space after "Juliet"). Only the text misleadingly says "An end attribute is similarly used for the index of the last character of the reference.", so this may need a clarification.

[1] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0394.html#usecases-inline
[2] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0372.html#example-3