On Wed, Jan 22, 2020, at 11:42, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> So if you have a XEP in mind which:
>
> - Is in Experimental and you think should move on to Draft

I'd like to see XEP-0280: Message Carbons [1] moved forward. I am
aware that it has some issues, and if it needs to be deprecated or
obsoleted and replaced that would work too, but it needs to stop
languishing in experimental. However, in general I think it's widely
implemented and seems to work well enough in practice so moving
forward makes sense to me.

Though it hasn't been around all that long, XEP-0393: Message Styling
[2] now has several implementations and seems "good enough". I'd like to
see a last call to generate more feedback even if it doesn't end up moving
forward.

> - Is in Draft and you think should move on to Final

Similarly to carbons, XEP-0066: Out of Band Data [3] should move forward
or be deprecated. Given how well it works in the simple case, I'm
tempted to say move forward even though it doesn't have all the features
one might wish. Having a simple way to say "here's a URI, you can do
something with it" seems very valuable to me.

[1]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0280.html
[2]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0393.html
[3]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0066.html

--