On Sat, May 23, 2020, at 06:24, Mathieu Pasquet wrote:
> Sorry for the necromancer update, but would it not make sense to allow
> stanza-id elements as children to the <spam/> and <abuse/> elements?

Georg and I were talking about this a few days ago and I would
definitely like to add some way to report individual messages.

I think that including a stanza-id is probably "good enough", but I'm
also a little worried about the fact that you would then only be able to
report recent messages, which feels like it would be unexpected and
could make training a spam filter less easy.

I'm now wondering if it makes sense to forward the entire original
message and just trust that it's not all that easy to abuse because a
single report probably won't result in a user being banned and even if a
potential attacker creates dozens of accounts that all report the same
user a quick look at the messaging stats (or whatever metrics server
administrators keep to track spammers) will likely show that they're not
a spammer.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited