* Ruslan N. Marchenko <m...@ruff.mobi> [2020-09-27 19:31]:
> Yes, this sounds good but in general I'd like to know whether the
> message has actually been archived by mam. Are there any other use
> cases where stanza_id will be attached to the message (except mam)?

I think that's a problem with XEP-0359 already.  It's a separate XEP
precisely because it's meant to be potentially useful for non-MAM
purposes, but XEP-0313 somewhat assumes that an XEP-0359 tag on an
incoming message implies the message was archived.

> If yes (or planned) then we'd probably need mam-specific reverse id
> notification. Eg.
>
> <message from='ro...@montague.lit' to='ro...@montague.lit/orchard'>
>   <ack xmlns='urn:xmpp:mam:2' id='28482-98726-73623' oid='42'
> archive='store'/>
> </message>

I was thinking about that myself, for the same reason.  But then assumed
that this problem either needs solving for incoming messages as well, or
not at all.

Holger