Hi,

While I was rereading XEP-0407 I discovered that it specifies custom <retract/>
element within urn:xmpp:mix:misc:0 namespace. I'm now wondering why it uses
this custom solution instead of using <retract/> element with namespace
urn:xmpp:message-retract:0 as specified in XEP-0424.

I suppose that XEP-0407 was created before XEP-0424, so there was no other way
to specify retraction. Now, as we have XEP-0424 I wonder if XEP-0407 should (or
could) be updated to follow what XEP-0424 does for message retraction to have a
single way to retract a message?

Regards,
Andrzej Wójcik

XMPP: andrzej.woj...@tigase.org