On 19/01/2022 11.17, Daniel Gultsch wrote> Or in other words. Without presence subscription you get only the
<identity category='pubsub' type='pep'/> (and related features) and
with presence subscription you also get <identity category='account'
type='registered'/> and features related to the account.

Returning different results to disco#info (and disco#items) depending on who queries seems like something that has the potential to great damage. I also think that this is nothing we currently endorse, specify or see in the wild.

I always think if a disco#info response as a description of the (software) features a given entity supports. And this is typically very static (it mostly changes due software updates or changes). Whether or not the requesting entity has access to these features is a different question, and hence asked via different mechanisms.

We should carefully consider if adding more dynamic to disco# responses is something we really want or need.

Reading the mails from Georg, Ralph, and you, it appears we could avoid in this case by adding a simple clarification ala "if the account's existence is already leaked, then returning the full disco# response is fine".

- Florian