Hi,

I was a long time xmpp user, but spam in the recent years drove me away, which is kind of sad.

Some time ago, I had following idea how to effectively fight spam.

* Each account can upload a set of webassembly blobs
* There is a list of hooks, the user can assign WA functions to events:
  - message
  - message from unknown jid
  - subscription event
  - ...

The message is first routed through the webassembly function which can either do something with the message, drop it or accept it, reply a challenge,....

Webassembly is easy to isolate and sandbox, which makes it idea for running on the server with a reduced attack surface compared to other scripting languages.
User can implement spam filter in whatever language they prefer.
CPU runtime can easily be limited.

Anyone more XMPP affine want's to implement a XEP and implementation ?

kind regards
 Daniel