Hi Schimon,

can you tell use more about your end goal (end-user use-case)?

Is it something for social sharing (e.g. I publish a book I'm reading, I want
to allow comments, reactions, repeat, etc.) or is it something like having a
collection of books/citation, etc?

In the later case, you can have a look at XEP-0346: Form Discovery and
Publishing, which is a way to share Data Form over Pubsub, I'm already using
it to share various kind of things (TODO list, shopping list, tickets, merge
requests), and I have plans for books too.

It would actually great to have something usable with both, as both use cases
are legitimate, in which case it could be describing the data to share and the
fields to use in a Data Form, which could then be used either as attachment in
a blog item (e.g. with XEP-0470), or directly with XEP-0346.

Best,
Goffi