Martin Sebor wrote:
>Travis Vitek wrote:
>>
>> It appears that svn has a pre-commit hook that could be used
>> to require that the correct change format be used for all
>> submissions. That would avoid this problem in the future.
>
>That'd be cool! Maybe we could even use it to reject badly formatted
>changes ;-) Seriously, the question is, can we use the hook w/o svn
>admin privileges?
>
>Martin

The script itself doesn't require admin privs, but installing it might.
I'm not really much of an svn user/administrator so I don't know for
sure. Obviously someone would have to 'flip the switch' by putting the
script into the correct directory.

Now that I think about it, there is a bit of a wrinkle. Apache svn is
shared by all of the apache projects, so the same set of hooks is used
for them all. Obviously our hook could check the affected file path
before examining the changelog, but I don't know if that would be good
enough.

I think it is something that would be useful, particularly because I'm
the one always goofing up the changelogs.

Travis