> If a user is dumb
> enough to use the same key on many drives, why do you think he won't
> set all the drive indices to 0?

I was thinking of the scenario of a network attached storage box, which may
contain multiple drives
but the user configures it for one big partition. It is up to the internal
controller to assign the
drive indicies in this instance, not the user. The user only gets to
import/export one "key backup"
record.

If you only have one key_backup record, and assign K, K+1, K+2 etc in such a
box, what is to stop a
clash with the user, who has several boxes and chooses the same key assignment
scheme for each of
his boxes, unknowingly?

I'm just being really pedantic, sorry! The group is free to ignore my
suggestions.

Colin.