Shai,

If you say that "The cryptographic transform must therefore provide
protection against ciphertext manipulation", it would sound like the
proposed LRW-AES transform provides full protection. In fact, it does
not. The attacker can copy back earlier content or erase a specific
block, both with catastrophic consequences.

For example, when a specially crafted PS document is saved to disk, an
attacker can find it by inspecting the changed blocks (since an earlier
inspection). If, say, the second block contained 0, and the PS document
has a comparison of the value it finds there to 0, it takes a branch,
and provides a specific content. However, when an attacker changed the
second block, it will not be 0, so another variant of the document is
shown. This way, if an attacker can send you an important document, and
later he can access your LRW-AES encrypted disk, he can change your
saved document to another, completely valid one. This vulnerability has
been shown to affect, PS, PDF, DOC, EXE and many other file types.

Therefore, I would also suggest some weakening of the sentence in
question, or deleting it.

Laszlo